Professor, (GPSA Professorship), Dept. of Chemical Engineering
Texas A&M University
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, 1996
- M.S.E., University of Pennsylvania, 1983
- B.S., Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Argentina, 1973
- Catalysis on metal nanoparticles for fuel cell electrocatalysts
- Catalyzed growth of single-walled carbon nanotubes
- Gas separation and storage in metal organic frameworks
- Solid-electrolyte interphase layer nucleation and growth in Si and carbon anodes of Li-ion batteries
- Materials for photocatalysis: Oxygen evolution in doped oxides
- Materials for solar cells and hydrogen production: Hydrogen evolution on coated semiconductors covered by co-catalysts
- Shale gas thermodynamics: Phase behavior of hydrocarbon + water mixtures in confined media
- Daniel Rossi, Luis E. Camacho-Forero, Guadalupe Ramos-Sánchez, Jae Hyo Han, Jinwoo Cheon, Perla B. Balbuena and Dong Hee Son, “Anisotropic Electron-phonon Coupling in Colloidal Layered TiS2 Nanodiscs Observed via Coherent Acoustic Phonon,” J. Phys. Chem. C., 119, (13), 7436-7442, (2015).
- Julibeth M. Martinez de la Hoz, Fernando A. Soto, and Perla B. Balbuena, “Effect of the Electrolyte Composition on SEI Reactions at Si Anodes of Li-Ion Batteries,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 7060-7068, (2015).
- Z. Liu, D. Hubble, P. B. Balbuena, and P. P. Mukherjee, “Adsorption of Insoluble Polysulfides Li2Sx (x = 1, 2) on Li2S Surfaces,” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 17, 9032-9039, (2015).