Jordi Cabana is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemistry of the University of Illinois at Chicago. Prior to his appointment at UIC, he was a Research Scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA), from 2008 until 2013. Prof. Cabana completed his Ph.D. in Materials Science at the Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona (Spain) in 2004, and worked in the Department of Chemistry at Stony Brook University (USA) as a postdoctoral associate. He is generally interested in the physical and inorganic chemistry of materials, with emphasis on redox and transport properties. His research group aims to provide chemistry solutions to technological problems in energy applications, with current focus on electrochemical energy storage, which is critical in the development of a green economy based on renewable sources.
Professor Jordi Cabana's research group concerning electrochemical energy storage: https://cabana.chem.uic.edu/
- Physical and inorganic chemistry of materials, with emphasis on redox and transport properties
Ph.D, Materials Science, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain)
B.Sc, Chemistry, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain)
- 1.C. Kim, R. Buonsanti, R. Yaylian, D. J. Milliron and J. Cabana. Carbon-free TiO2battery electrodes enabled by morphological control at the nanoscale, Adv. Energy Mater. 2013, 3, 1286–129.
- L. Xu, C. Kim, A. K. Shukla, A. Dong, T. M. Mattox, D. J. Milliron and J. Cabana. Monodisperse Sn nanocrystals as a platform for the study of mechanical damage during electrochemical reactions with Li, Nano Lett. 2013, 13, 1800–1805.
- C. Kim, N. S. Norberg, C. T. Alexander, R. Kostecki and J. Cabana. Mechanism of phase propagation during lithiation in carbon-free Li4Ti5O12 battery electrodes, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2013, 23, 1214-1222.
- U. Boesenberg, F. Meirer, Y. Liu, A. K. Shukla, R. Dell’Anna, T. Tyliszczak, G. Chen, J. C. Andrews, T. J. Richardson, R. Kostecki and J. Cabana. Mesoscale phase distribution in single particles of LiFePO4 following lithium deintercalation,Chem. Mater. 2013, 25, 1664–1672.
- J. Cabana, C. M. Ionica-Bousquet, C. P. Grey and M. R. Palacín. High rate performance of lithium manganese nitride and oxynitride as negative electrodes in lithium batteries, Electrochem. Commun. 2010, 12, 315-318.