Department of Bioengineering
Building & Room:
851 S. Morgan Street
Ph.D. in Nanoscience & Nanotechnologies, Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School
M.Sc. in Materials Science & Engineering
B.Sc. in Physical Chemistry, University of Belgrade
Research Currently in Progress
Current research interests
- the creation of a new generation of nanostructured biomaterials for hard tissue engineering
Other research interests
- fabrication of multicomponent and multifunctional nanoparticles with therapeutic and/or diagnostic potencies
- development of biomaterials with simultaneous antimicrobial and tissue regeneration capabilities
- application of soft and colloid chemistry in devising advanced drug delivery carriers
- development of platforms for the oral delivery of peptides and antibodies
- direction of bone cell fate using different microenvironmental cues
- application of biomimetic principles in the design of a new generation of biomaterials.
- Vuk Uskoković, Tejal A. Desai – “Does translational symmetry matter? Fibroblastic and Osteoblastic Interactions with the Topographically Distinct Poly(ε-Caprolactone)/Hydroxyapatite Thin Films”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 6 (15) 13209 – 13220 (2014).
- Vuk Uskoković, Tejal A. Desai – “In vitro Analysis of Nanoparticulate Hydroxyapatite/Chitosan Composites as Potential Drug Delivery Platforms for the Sustained Release of Antibiotics in the Treatment of Osteomyelitis”, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 103 (2) 567 – 579 (2014).
- Vuk Uskoković, Tejal A. Desai – “Simultaneous Bactericidal and Osteogenic Effect of Nanoparticulate Calcium Phosphate Powders Loaded with Clindamycin on Osteoblasts Infected with Staphylococcus Aureus”, Materials Science and Engineering C: Materials for Biological Applications 37, 210 – 222 (2014).
- Magdalena Stevanović, Vuk Uskoković, Miloš Filipović, Srečo D. Škapin, Dragan P. Uskoković – “Composite PLGA/AgNpPGA/AscH Nanospheres with Combined Osteoinductive, Antioxidative and Antimicrobial Activities”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 5 (18) 9034 – 9042 (2013).