UIC Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation
Series of Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation
Overview of UIC Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation
The UIC Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation will address issues surrounding electric vehicle adoption and deployment in Illinois. Relevant stakeholders will be invited to participate. The goal of the workshop is to develop guiding principles for transportation electrification for the State of Illinois.
The UIC Workshop will be a series of workshops set 4 to 6 weeks apart.
The broader framework for the series of workshops will be Policy and Regulatory constructs. The following focus areas will be considered for the workshop series:
- Consumers and Social Equity - February 24, 2o2o / More Information on Consumers and Social Equity Workshop
- Infrastructure - Technology, Installation and Ownership - NEW DATE - APRIL 27TH @DPI (Original date of March 23rd postponed due to COVID-19 University policies)
- Pilots, Programs and Partnerships -- SAVE THE DATE for May 18th or June 1st (to be confirmed)
Each workshop will be designed to build upon the content from the previous workshop. Across each topic area, the following use cases should be included in the small breakout discussion groups:
- Residential and multi-unit dwellings – with and without dedicated parking
- Workplace, community and destination charging
- Public DC fast charging infrastructure for specific use cases, i.e., TNCs, corridors, long distance
- Medium- to Heavy-duty vehicles – CTA, School buses, Proterra, Amazon, FedEx, UPS, etc.
Some potential recommendations emerging from the workshops may include a variety of guidelines for: economics of charging infrastructure, potential design of utility programs/pilots, and potential tariff and rate design, among others.
The April 27th UIC Workshop on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation will focus on Transportation Electrification Infrastructure - Technology, Installation and Onwership. More information on April 27th Workshop below.
The February 24th UIC Workshop on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation focused on Consumers and Social Equity in Transportation Electrification. More information on February 24th Workshop below.
April 27 UIC EV Workshop on Transportation Electrification Infrastructure - Technology, Installation & Ownership
Discovery Partners Institute (DPI), 200 South Wacker Drive, 4th floor, Chicago, IL
1:00-4:00 PM on Monday, April 27, 2020
For more information, visit the April 27th Workshop on Transportation Electrification Infrastructure – Technology, Installation & Ownership webpage.