UIC Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation
Series of Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation
Overview of UIC Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation
The UIC Workshops on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation will address issues surrounding electric vehicle adoption and deployment in Illinois. Relevant stakeholders will be invited to participate. The goal of the workshop is to develop guiding principles for transportation electrification for the State of Illinois.
The UIC EV Workshops will be a series of workshops. Check the website regularly for updates.
The broader framework for the series of workshops will be Policy and Regulatory constructs. The following focus areas will be considered for the workshop series:
- Consumers and Social Equity – February 24, 2o2o / More Information on Consumers and Social Equity Workshop
- Infrastructure – Technology, Installation and Ownership – ONLINE WEBINARS SERIES – MAY 18TH & JUNE 15TH / More Information on Transportation Electrification Infrastructure Workshop
- Pilots, Programs and Partnerships — DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED IN SUMMER 2020
Each workshop will be designed to build upon the content from the previous workshop. Across each topic area, the following use cases should be included in the small breakout discussion groups:
- Residential and multi-unit dwellings – with and without dedicated parking
- Workplace, community and destination charging
- Public DC fast charging infrastructure for specific use cases, i.e., TNCs, corridors, long distance
- Medium- to Heavy-duty vehicles – CTA, School buses, Proterra, Amazon, FedEx, UPS, etc.
Some potential recommendations emerging from the workshops may include a variety of guidelines for: economics of charging infrastructure, potential design of utility programs/pilots, and potential tariff and rate design, among others.
The 3rd UIC Workshop on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation will focus on Transportation Electrification Infrastructure – Technology, Installation and Onwership. More information on the UIC EV Workshops below.
The February 24th UIC Workshop on Beneficial Electrification of Transportation focused on Consumers and Social Equity in Transportation Electrification. More information on February 24th Workshop below.
2nd UIC EV Workshop on Transportation Electrification Infrastructure - Technology, Installation & Ownership
Online Webinar – Two Dates
1:00-2:30 pm CDT on Monday, May 18, 2020
1:00-3:00 pm CDT on Monday, June 15, 2020
For more information, visit the 2nd UIC EV Workshop on Transportation Electrification Infrastructure – Technology, Installation & Ownership webpage.